DIPLOMAS AND CERTIFICATES (Chronological selection)
Master of Fine Arts in Preventive Conservation (UK), Northumbria University, Newcastle (UK) – with distinction, 22nd October 2008. Thesis: Archives in a Changing World: An Exploration into Sustainable Building for Archives in Belgium in Response to Global Climate Change.
- Postgraduate “Preservation Management” (AU), School of Information, Library and Archive Studies (SILAS) the University of New South Wales (Australia) 1998.
Diploma “Conservatie en Restauratie Papier en Boek” (Conservation and Restoration of Paper and Books) (B), Hoger Instituut voor de Conservatie en Restauratie van het Boek (HICOREB – Higher Institute for the Conservation and the Restoration of the Book), with distinction, 27th June 1987. Thesis: “Preservatie, conservatie en restauratie van Papyrus” (Preservation, conservation and restoration of Papyrus). Promotor: Michael Fackelmann (Institut für Restaurierung, National Bibliothek, Wenen (AT).
- Certificate Professional Bookbinding, Stedelijk Technisch Instituut, Gent (B), 18th June 1984.
Teacher Training Qualification, Pedagogisch Hoger Onderwijs, Rijksleergangen voor Onderwijs, Gent (B), 22 juni 1976.
- Diploma Ergotherapie (Occupational Therapy) (B), Stedelijk Hoger Instituut voor Paramedische Beroepen (SHIPMB), juni 1975, Gent.
SPECIFIC COURSES (Selection)
- “Low Energy Climate Storage”, FARO, Vlaams Steunpunt voor Cultureel Erfgoed, Brussel, 18th and 19th June 2012.
- “Making the Islamic Book”, The Montefiascone Project, Montefiascone (IT), from 2nd to 6th August 2010.
“Low Energy Climate Control in Museums and Archives”, School of Conservation, Kopenhagen (DK), from 24th October to 1st November 2009.
- “An Introduction in Byzantine Bookbinding Structures”, Holy Monastery of Saint John Theologian, Patmos (GR), from 27th to 31st August 2007.
“Management of Audiovisual Collections” (TAPE), the European Commission on Preservation and Access, Amsterdam (NL), from 28th September to 4th October 2005.
- “Conservation of Seals”, Istituto del Bel Libro, Ascona, (CH), from 26th February to 2nd March 2002.
“The Use of the Vacuum Table”, Institute of Paper Conservation, Tate Gallery, London, (UK), from 13th to 15th February 2001.
- “Management of Photographic Collections” (SEPIA), the European Commission on Preservation and Access, Copenhagen (DK), from 1st to 5th May 2000.
“Fundamental Techniques for the Restoration of Japanese Art on Paper” , ICCROM, Geneva (CH) from 13th to 25th August 1990.
- Internship at the ”Institut für Restaurierung”,National Bibliotek, Vienna (Austria) in January - February 1988.
INTERNATIONAL TEACHERS (Alphabetical selection)
- Dr. Gerhard Banik (D)
- Jean Brown (UK)
- Christopher Clarkson (UK)
- Maureen Duke (UK)
- Michael Fackelman (AT)
- Verena Flamm (AT
- Arthur Johson (UK)
- Mogens Koch (DK)
- Poul Larsen (DK)
- Jen Lindsay (UK)
- Denise Lubbett (UK)
- Katsuhiko Masuda (J)
- Renate Mesmer (D)
- Sir Bernard Middleton (UK)
- John Mumford (UK)
- Ole Olsen (DK)
- Tim Padfield (UK)
- Dag Ernst Pedersen (D)
- Nicholas Pickwoad (UK)
- Cheryl Porter (UK)
- Morten Rylh-Svendsen (DK)
- Nicholas Sarris (EL)
- Jan Storm van Leeuwen (NL)
- Jiri Vnoucek (CZ)
- Otto Wächter (AT)